Filed under Uncategorized

Why Her?

Hillary Clinton is the single most qualified candidate ever to run for the office of U.S. President. Her dedication to the promotion of equal rights is unmatched, and is exemplified best in her speech at the U.N. Conference in 1995: “Human rights are women’s rights, and women’s rights are human rights.” She has dedicated her life to public service. Hillary’s plans for everything from disability rights to criminal justice reform are concrete and pragmatic. She has promised to protect, not disenfranchise voters. With the help of Senator Bernie Sanders, she has adapted her college affordability plan and will work to cut interest rates and allow student debt loans to be refinanced. Hillary will work to keep families who have immigrated to the United States together by promoting naturalization, ending family detention, and supporting immigration integration. She plans to raise the federal minimum wage to increase earnings and improve local economies. Hillary will also fight for full federal equality for the LGBTQ+ community by ending conversion therapy for minors, honoring the military service of LGBTQ+ service members and veterans, protecting transgender rights, and securing affordable treatment for people living with HIV/AIDS. She will strengthen our manufacturing economy by building on President Obama’s support for a National Network for Manufacturing Innovation, creating tax incentives to encourage investment in communities that have suffered manufacturing job losses, and aggressively combating trade violations abroad. Hillary’s experience as Secretary of State has equipped her to deal with national security issues as Commander in Chief. She is ready. She has been ready. This Tuesday, we, as voters, are faced with an incredibly important decision: What kind of country do we want to live in? One that promotes hate, racism, bigotry, and oppression? Or a country where dreams can be realized, civil rights are protected, and everyone, regardless of the color of their skin or the amount of money in their bank account, has the opportunity to succeed? It is up to us. And I, for one, am with her.